Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Day!


Well you may have noticed that Google thought Saturday was noteworthy because it marked the 25th anniversary of Tetris (and yes - I pulled out my 20yr-old Gameboy and got Evelyn hooked), while others recognized D-Day at Obama Beach (Gordon Brown said it, not me) - but it was also Oma's 65th B-Day!  And the day also marked the grand unveiling of the well-executed bumped-out/remodeled kitchen/rec-room/porch of their Winchester homestead - so the entire Noordzij clan was finally able to congregate there once again!  It turned out to be worth the wait - but wait again we must, for Oma and Opa will soon be departing to sail the North Sea one more time!  But never fear - Summer Grandma Schomp will be filling in shortly.  She's promised to spend a lot of QT with Evie while she's here - giving Margot and I a few date nights, and I may just hand over the blogging reins to her for a couple weeks!

Not too much else going on these days - Evelyn was grateful to have Mommy back after her brief abandonment (although she didn't let on at first).  And Margot is planning on making her half a cake tomorrow for her half birthday on Tuesday!  I'm sure we'll post a bunch of 18-month milestones next week, so we'll spare you until then..


No comments: