Thursday, October 18, 2007

Tranformation Underway

Well we're under two months to go and I'm starting to struggle to stay at least 5lbs heavier than Margot! We finished our Birthing Classes at MGH last week and Margot is starting up weekly checks now - unfortunately she scheduled our first aid class for the afternoon of November 4th - yup, the Pats-Colts clash. She was kind enough to reschedule for the 10th - ugh, Illini vs #1 Ohio State. Ahh well, the things I'll do for this kid..

The future Momma is doing real well though - getting a little hard to sleep the whole night through, but looking damn cute with that belly! She's already started stocking up on diapers at Costco, but thankfully she hasn't started experimenting with baby food recipes quite yet -

I'm still traveling for work and training the new underlings to fill the impending void - but we've managed to nearly get the house into our intended baby arrangement. Margot and I play a fun game where she throws out all our crap and then I sneak out and do some late-night dumpster-diving/trash-picking of my old valued treasures - then re-stash them deep in the attic.
Margot just touched up the wall paint in the baby's room, and we're planning on giving the trim a nice fresh coat to encapsulate all the lead - although I'm tempted to chip it all off the window moldings and make a nice mobile to go over the crib. No worries - I'll send out pictures to show how it comes out and might even make some duplicates for the holidays

We've had some good news since the last post -Addison Reese Goodchild in FLA and Emma Kate Johnson in LA were both just born in late September - so our little baby girl is gonna come pre-made with some BFF's already! More good news - she's also gonna have some baby-sitters living 15 minutes away because her Oma and Opa Noordij just moved back to the States last week - hooray! Some sad news too though - my sister-in-law Amy's mother Shirley Doe just passed away this week - she'd been planning on making it to Margot's shower Sunday, but died suddenly of a heart attack on the 14th and will be missed.

I'm hoping that we get some good pictures for you from the Shower - unfortunately I'm not invited and not sure how I'll manage the hours on my own. Maybe I'll be golfing unencumbered for the last time, then watch the Dolphins scrimmage the New England JV team and then hopefully get to see Matsuzaka redeem himself and restore Japanese pride to the entire nation - Kaibutsu Kampei!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So...when do we get your movie review? Do you have the Special Edition DVD on your Baby Registry? Or did you wait in line for that one?

Anonymous said...

I hear you pain man. Erin thought it would be a fun game to exile all Bears stuff from the house. Little does she know the big 5 x 7 chicago bears wool rug is going into the living room soon; it will be good for tummy time :) Congrats man on this new adventure. Its a fun time and from reading your posts and looking at the pics, you two are enjoying it big time. Take care!

- Nick and Erin