To the Cape for the Anniversary!
Started out well with Evelyn getting Daddy an Optimus figurine in her lunch before getting to Bouke & Amy's in Falmouth on Saturday. Lots of fun with the clan, a great dinner and then to celebrate afterwords when Evie hit the hay, Margot and I went out for a quiet night, just the two of us.
That was in a parallel universe though, and in this one Bouke and I took off for the club-of-all-clubs in Hyannis to catch the Badfish/Scotty Don't Cape Cod premier (and final) show! As small a crowd as I've seen for one of their gigs but enthusiastic - half of which was provided by Neville. He got a little to sloshed, I got to hang with Benny, and Bouke got to stay out past midnight - so it was special all around, aside from ditching your bride part.
I made a point to cancel both scheduled rounds of golf (Private courses too people!) and spent the next day with the family (plus all 4 of the Noordzij kids) and we did get our night out for dinner - with everyone else at the Quahog Republic (not Rhody legit - didn't even get the Stuffy reference) on Mashnee Island at the entry-way to the Cape channel. Wicked nice, but not an ounce of romance once more.
We were able to free ourselves Monday (vacation day for D) and got to the Poppy for our commemorative lunch - complete with $25 lobster roll. Seems exorbitant, but famous for a reason with at least 2.5 crustacean's worth of meat in there. Evelyn and I practiced walking the aisle before we boogied back to the Mainland.
Then back in the Big City - we met up with Mom, Patsi and a Spaniard chica supposed to be learning some American culture, and thusly was more interested in Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market than anything else along the Freedom Trail. But a spectacular day provided the backdrop to some Tall Ships on their way outta the harbor and a nice tour of the North End. Fantastic (read: pricey) meal, and topped off with the best cannoli's - Modern, not Mike's people for the real deal on your next visit.
And we brought Gramma home for the week! She's got the next post (with Evelyn's help for sure)
1 comment:
I made the blog! Finally!
Post a Comment