Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Introducing Evelyn Alida Schomp
After a 'Quiet' Monday, Tuesday was Getaway Day and we made the name Official for the birth certificate before taking little Evelyn home! We strolled out of there like Superstars with the paparazzi oohing and ahhing as we made our exit. We got the car seat locked down in the 5 and I only stalled out three times on the way home. Actually make that zero - I thought I managed pretty decently and Evie enjoyed her first ride without making a peep! Oma Noordzij met us at home with some groceries and was instrumental as we tidied up the house while mama Margot took a well-deserved snooze. Opa Noordzij couldn't stay away and made his way over to the house later in the evening and then I found my long-lost mother at the T Station - her long journey was complete! We introduced the baby to Gramma Schomp back at home, toured the facilities and then had a celebratory feast prepared by Tinie - good times! I tried making this entry a few times - but for some reason kept getting interrupted by the little meisje or dozed off - sorry for the delays but we think she's worth the wait! We just made it through our first night and are happy to report that all is well in the Schomp household - little Evelyn Alida is learning to eat regularly and just keeps getting cuter by the hour - she can't wait to meet you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment