Saturday, November 15, 2008

History Repeats Itself


Remember our old Allston apartment with the crimson (blood-red) living room that Margot painted over while I was in Japan? Well I came home early Friday to surprise the wife, but she ended up surprising me when I walked in on this - Shenanigans!

Oh well - it's not terrible. She did a great job and if Margot likes it, that's all that matters. Especially now that BusinessWeek has rated Malden the best place in Massachusetts to raise a family - so we're going to be here forever. And one should be at peace with the color of the dining room one shall be eating in for the next 25 years...

Ha HA - kidding. Seriously though - cancel all subscriptions to BusinessWeek if this is the quality of investigative reporting to be expected.

So the big baby development of the week: Evelyn came rushing out of her room Wednesday morning with the gate open and instead of vaulting off head-first, she turned it around backed her way down the whole staircase (even the spirally part) with no assistance at all! Yup, I was a proud papa!

And speaking of Papa - Veteran's Day brought Eamon James into the world, another new little cuz for Evie. Congratulations to the McCandless Clan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are amazing! I can walk, but taking on the stairs is big time. Love, Trudy