Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Happy Momma's Day!

How fitting - such a beautiful day to spend working in the yard with the girls on Mother's Day!
And how considerate of me to pile up all three games at the same time tonight (again) so that I (and the rest of New England households) didn't have to waste such a day in front of the tube and put the marriage in jeopardy. As is it, she only had to give up Home Makeover - but she got some lamb and steak for dinner and Boston Creme Pie (not the donut) for dessert in return, so fair trade. Besides, doesn't every wife want to be ignored at the end of a nice Mother's Day?

We started the weekend off with the bikes on the Mazda heading down to RI for the Schomp Invitational at the old SKJH this year - so we parked it at the Kingston station and took the rail-trail bikepath through the Great Swamp to get there. Evelyn gets super excited to throw on her pink helmet and hop up onto the handlebars - but she's got some endurance limits even though she'd gotten her fill of falafel on the Rhody campus beforehand.

After the Field & Track Meet we headed up to Piet and Cory's for a little Noordzij get-together. As you can see, Evie got to co-mingle with her blondie cousin cohorts and had a blast. But boy were Jake, Maarten and Owen glad to hear that we're going to be breaking the grandchild gender streak - it ends at 5 - time to restore the balance!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Mother's Day! Love that photo!

My Mexican Adventure said...

I just want to give major KUDOS to Nate and Margot for being so religious and committed to keeping up Evelyn's Blog-it made it so easy for us slugs to stay on top of what was going on in the Boston Schomp household (as well as others') and to share in all the missed holiday partying, albeit vicariously! Its a lot of work and I truly appreciate their efforts. Daughterinlaw, Jenny, has urged me to write comments cause that is what you are suppose to do with BLOGS, and she gets a kick out of reading them, so I thought I would try to get past my former mortification the last (and first!) time I tried to leave a comment and it posted 10 times!! Guess I was not secure enough it was sending..so -bear with me, I will try to improve my record here and follow Nate's example...keeping up with the family connections is hard work but worth it! and I do want to be a part of the Evelyn Blog morphing into the Boston Schomp Family Odyssey ...all for now from Gramma Schomp (and yes, Jenny,this does mean that YOU are going to have to get back to yours'!!! )