So I finally made it to the Final Four! Well for lacrosse - Uncle Jim came up to Gillette with his HS team and I joined him for the games Saturday while the girls shopped around Patriot Place -well done once again Mr Kraft.
It was pretty great seeing Duke get whooped on by the 'Cuse, but unfortunately top-ranked UVA met the same fate in the 2nd game, getting crushed by the Big Red. I'm not particularly a LAX fan, but can appreciate the sport as it's started exploding in popularity, and there were even a few brothers sprinkled on the rosters and in the crowds - so it's not quite the elitist yachting or polo pass-time that I've envisioned in the past. They still have some work to do before I let my kids play however..
Paulette and Adela made the trip up to RI as well, and we took a trip down to H&M's for a cookout Sunday. Jim brought the firehouse grill setup and had his perfected sausage/rib/flank steak technique on display once again, but he also did up the cherrystones that I worked into my stuffies - got the thumbs-up from Patsi so I'm happy with this first attempt, and frankly I don't know how I could improve upon the recipe or execution.
In between scattered T-Storms and showers it turned out to be a beautiful day, and Evelyn had a grand-old time playing around with Ellen and Lily once again, but this was no typical Jamestown backyard party - we finally got Oma and Opa Noordzij down to tour the island and check out Narragansett Bay. First impressions seemed very positive - but we have work to do yet to convince them that it'd be the perfect home for the MargeauX!
No comments:
Post a Comment