Sunday, March 1, 2009

March In like a Lion

Another 1-2 Snow-Punch brings another ft+ of the white stuff followed by single mid-week digits - looking forward to that Lamb part of March after getting a little taste of Spring earlier!
But there is a silver lining - the amoritization of our winter tires is way ahead of schedule (and even more of a recommended purchase with another drama-free wintry season).
So I was a little obscure last week to ensure a slow roll-out of the news so as to not inundate ourselves with well-wishes (and I guess to gauge how closely people were reading the blog - congrats to all you eagle-eye readers!), and I apologize for the obfuscation.

So this week I would like to formally announce very bluntly that there is a two-month old fetus growing within the uterus of my wife, Margot. If all goes as planned, it will be offspring of the humanoid variety and we will be a larger, happier family come September! Evelyn is of course very excited, but don't anyone believe that Bull about the morning (and afternoon, and night) sickness getting better the 2nd time around - not true!

And sorry for the consecutive 'messy-baby eating' cliche pictures, but again - kind of a slow week news-wise otherwise. But let's see - we're pretty sure Evelyn knows that stuffed animal dogs go 'woof' now and cows go 'moo' but we're not going to call those yet. What we're pretty sure we can confirm is that I am 'da' and Margot is 'ma-ma-ma-ma-ma' - we've been convinced until now that babies of all sorts just naturally make these sounds and thus the species evolved the noises to refer to 'us' - but scratch that - she knows what she's talking 'bout.

And we do have to report that Evelyn is turning into quite the little rebel. We've seen quite a few kids that were taught how to communicate via sign language before they could speak, but that's not something we decided we'd pursue with Evie. However, after a particularly entertaining TickleSession, she gave Margot the More sign to keep the good times coming. She picked up the sign from afar without our authorization just by watching the weekly music-lady at the library! Smart kid I guess - but looks like I need to stop flipping Margot the Bird behind her back pronto - we've got ourselves a Sign Stealer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the two month old humanoid fetus! I bet I was one of the first lucky ones to know!